Online Communities and Resources
- National Association for Museum Exhibition ListServ
- ICOM-L International Council of Museums ListServ
- Museum-L Cross disciplinary discussions
- ExhibitFiles Exhibit Reviews, Case Studies and Blog
- Exhibit Envoy (formerly California Exhibition Resources Alliance)
- International Committee for Exhibition Exchange
- National Gallery of Art, Anatomy of an Exhibition "behind-the-scenes" case study
- National Park Service
- Virtual Museum of Canada
- American Alliance of Museums JobHQ
- Art Jobs Online
- Museum Employment Resource Center
- Massachusetts Cultural Council Job Service
National Museum Associations
- American Alliance of Museums (AAM)
- Association of Science & Technology Centers (ASTC)
- American Association of Botanical Gardens and Arboreta
- American Association of State and Local History
- American Association for Museum Volunteers
- American Federation of the Arts
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
- American Zoo and Aquarium Association
- Association for Living History, Farm and Agricultural Museums
- Association of African American Museums
- Association of Art Museum Directors
- Association of College and University Museums and Galleries
- Association of Railway Museums, Inc.
- Association of Science Museum Directors
- Association of Science-Technology Centers Incorporated
- Natural Science Collections Alliance
- Association of Children's Museums
- College Art Association
- Council for Museum Anthropology
- Council of American Maritime Museums
- Council of American Jewish Museums
- International Association of Museum Facility Administrators
- International Museum Theatre Alliance
- Museum Computer Network
- Museum Store Association
- Museum Trustee Association
Regional Museum Associations
- Association of Midwest Museums
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums
- Mountain Plains Museums Association
- New England Museum Association
- Southeastern Museums Conference
- Western Museums Association
Professional Networks of AAM
Committee on Audience Research and Evaluation (CARE) provides a forum for museum professionals who believe that understanding the visitor is an essential part of museum planning and operation and disseminates information about systematic research and evaluation pertaining to museum audiences.
Committee on Museum Professional Training (COMPT) serves as a forum for the discussion, study, and dissemination of knowledge on professional training and opportunities/options, provides direction to all museum professionals seeking enrichment, and develops and advocates training standards and ethics.
Curators' Committee (CurCom) serves curators of different disciplines in the essential field of collections research and care and participates in AAM activities that involve museum collection, acquisition, preservation, and interpretation.
Development and Membership Committee (DAM) strengthens development and membership programs and promotes awareness of these activities in the museum field.
Committee on Education (EdCom) brings together museum educators and other museum professionals to advance the purpose of museums as places of learning, to serve as advocates for audiences, and to promote professional standards and excellence in the practice of museum education.
Media and Technology Committee serves all museum professionals and media specialists by advising, advocating, and providing showcases for public programs using both new technologies and traditional media.
Museum Management Committee (MMC) promotes and supports the role of finance, human resources, and administration in museums and cultural institutions.
National Association for Museum Exhibition (NAME) aids the professional enrichment and advancement of all museum exhibition professionals and disseminates information on the conception, planning, design, conservation, fabrication, installation, and maintenance of museum exhibitions.
Public Relations and Marketing Committee forms a network of museum professionals in public relations, public information, marketing, audience development, and communications.
Registrars Committee (RC-AAM) fosters understanding, communication, and cooperation among registrars and other museum professionals, increases professionalism through training, education, and promotion of high standards, and coordinates the exchange of new ideas.
Museum Association Security Committee (MASC) provides its members with information relating to security, fire, health, and safety issues in museums and advocates the role of security professionals.
Small Museum Administrators' Committee (SMAC) advocates for museums with annual budgets under $350,000, raises awareness about the significant role of small museums, and provides access to resources that enhance the quality of small museum operations and services.